By: Aaron Kness, President/CEO
It’s been nearly two months since my last blog and I sincerely hope this finds you all in good health. As essential workers, your Iowa State Bank team has worked throughout the pandemic to serve our customers, albeit in a slightly unconventional manner. Thank you again for your patience, and for working with us during this challenging time.
I’m pleased to announce that we are preparing our facility to fully re-open soon, hopefully within the next 14 days. Before we re-open the lobby, I’d like to take a moment to explain the physical changes to our facility, as well as the new protocols we are taking to maintain the safest possible environment for our customers and staff.
- You will see plexiglass barriers installed at our reception desk, tellers’ windows, and personal bankers’ desks to prevent the spread of airborne viruses. Special thanks to Creative Edge for building them!
- Cloth chairs have been removed and replaced with folding chairs, which can be readily cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the lobby for your use, as needed.
- Signs have been strategically placed throughout the bank to help everyone maintain a safe distance (6 feet).
- We are going to limit the number of people that are on the main floor of the bank to 18. We estimate this is necessary in order for everyone to maintain a safe distance.
- For the first time in my banking career, customers are permitted – and even encouraged – to wear a mask. Our staff may also wear a mask when assisting you, as appropriate. The only reason you may be asked to temporarily remove your mask is to identify you.
- Public bathrooms have been closed. We are unable to ensure they remain clean and disinfected throughout the day, forcing us to close them until the pandemic has subsided.
We look forward to seeing everyone in person and we’re happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for being an Iowa State Bank customer…We’ll see you soon!
Aaron Kness, President/CEO